Pages

Friday, August 17, 2007

Good News, Poor People!

A few weeks ago, whilst fearing that I'd painstakingly animate this movie and only 3 people would buy the DVD, I came across an amazing revelation!

This guy made his own Indie movie and, in addition to having a DVD available, posted the whole thing on Youtube. This is a good idea why, you ask? The person advertised the website Spout.com, whom he had made a deal with, so that every person who joined through him (and the joining is free) would earn him one dollar! The people gain a movie and a Spout account, and he gets a dollar for each person!

And now for why it's not stupid to put the movie on Youtube AND release the DVD. The DVD is planned to have a lot of special features and hopefully the other DTTAH toons as well (except for the music video, due to copyrights), so it has some other stuff you may want to see, and the movie in better quality. But if you're like me and reluctant to buy things over the Internet, I can still get paid through Spout. EVERYBODY WINS. Also, if that doesn't work out, I believe I've found a better way to make DVDs than I was originally planning, so I might be able to make it a multi-disc set.

So, basically, do me a favor and not join Spout.com until the movie is done and I have some kind of deal with them, plz? XP

3 comments:

Tyler "RELYT1992" Kirk said...

I would buy that dvd. DTTAH is my favorite cartoon of yours.

Lars Nielsen said...

will do chief.

Anonymous said...

You write very well.